Find out what Somerset Music has to offer
Get started Music tuition
Somerset Music offers instrumental and vocal tuition in schools for whole classes (WCET) and individual and small group tuition. We offer a range of instruments and instruments are provided for whole class lessons and for for individual and small group tuition where applicable.
Whole Class Ensemble Tuition (WCET)
- Enables whole classes to learn a musical instrument together.
- Provides the opportunity for school-based staff to learn alongside their class to develop valuable musical skills and increase confidence.
- It is primarily aimed at Year 4 students although mixed classes and other KS2 year groups can be accommodated.
- Takes place during the school day and lasts 45 to 60 minutes (based on the number of children in the class)
- Puts the ensemble experience at the heart of musical learning.
- Gives all pupils the opportunity to play a musical instrument.
- Has a positive impact on student attendance, achievement and self- confidence.
About Individual and group music lessons
As well as being fun, research has shown that learning a musical instrument improves a wide variety of skills such as creative thinking, team working and problem solving and can help children build their confidence and self-esteem.
We offer several options for pupils to continue learning an instrument following whole class lessons. It is also possible for instrumental tuition to be offered more widely to any KS2 pupils. Lessons are delivered at your child’s school or it may be possible to timetable an online lesson if that’s more suitable.Find out more
About Secondary Provision
There are various opportunities available to Secondary Schools to support their music provision within school. These include individual/small group tuition, the Secondary Offer, Gifted & talented singing workshops.Find out more
About Additional tuition and bespoke projects
We offer a wide range of additional opportunities to support music in schools and would be very happy to discuss your ideas or help you plan a bespoke project. Charges are based on our hourly rate of £53 unless otherwise specified and quotes can be provided on request via the Support Services for Education (SSE) website or by contacting us.
This could include:
Additional WCET, PPA Cover, Early Years tuition, bespoke projects or workshops.Find out more